Dr. Arash Shirvani is a practicing vascular surgeon out of Dallas, Texas. He grew up in Houston, Texas. He attended Rice University for his undergraduate degree and went to UT-Southwestern for medical school. He completed his surgery residency at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas and at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas.
He then completed a 2-year vascular fellowship at Baylor University Medical Center as well. He is currently operating at Baylor Centennial, Baylor McKinney, Baylor Heart Hospital Plano, Medical City McKinney, Baylor Regional in Plano, Medical City Dallas, Methodist Richardson, and Presbyterian Plano. He lives in Dallas, Texas with his fiancée.
He currently performs open and endovascular surgeries that include, but are not limited to:
- laser surgery for varicose veins and venous ulcers
- arteriovenous fistula creation for dialysis patients
- below the knee amputations
- carotid endarterectomy
- endovascular/open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- endovascular/open treatment of an aortic dissection
- endovascular/open repair of thoracic aortic aneurysm repair
- open surgical bypass for occlusive vessel disease
- angioplasty for narrowed or obstructed vessels (endovascular)
- endovascular or open thrombectomy/embolectomy
Dr. Shirvani makes sure to help his patients feel at ease and is extremely thorough. He is compassionate and really makes it a point to put his patients first. He understands that this can be an extremely stressful time and will make sure the patient feels comfortable about the surgery they are about to have.